Tuesday, December 22, 2009


December 22, 2009 - I'm pretty sure the world is ending soon...

I had one of those days that I used to think was just a mommy daydream. No one tried to assassinate any one else. I got to take a 12 minute shower, instead of the usual 3-4. (As an aside, it is lovely to be so utterly and completely clean.) The big kids helped me shovel the snow, and when I say "helped," I mean it. The baby only puked on me twice, and both episodes were pre-shower. Gannon told me that I looked "weally pwetty" in my cookie dough and tomato soup stained apron. Maguire practiced reading and displayed confidence that far belies her years.

So, I did what any rational mother would do and I started to make a list of the possible deadly illnesses that I have. Then I realized that they've been watching Christmas movies for the past four days, so they probably are trying to make up for any recent nastiness before the Big Guy makes his appearance. I'm just gonna enjoy it while it lasts. Today, they were angels.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 36-year-old mother of three (one girl and two boys), lover of fashion, chocolate, and red wine, ex-lawyer about to become a lawyer again to fund the fashion, chocolate and red wine habit. I revere the sisterhood of moms.