Friday, April 2, 2010

MURPHY FOR SENATE - 2042!

My Gan will be 36 years old in 2042 - just the right age to run for U.S. Senate.  He has a special gift that makes him perfect for the job.


We discovered the gift last summer when we started a special project in the Murphy house.  The goal was to get everyone to stop interrupting each other.  I am probably the most frequent abuser of this social faux pas, but I knew we all needed a little practice.  

I got the idea for the special project on the drive home after picking Magoo up from school one day.  As usual, Maguire and Gannon both started talking about their day at the same time, without pause.  I'd be listening to two full-on monologues, and it started to make me feel crazy in my head.  Hence, the special project.


Almost immediately, Gan figured out a way around the special project.  He fillibusts in the tradition of a great U.S. Senator of old.  He starts talking as soon as Magoo gets in the car, and he doesn't stop, not even to take a breath, until we get home.  He also manages to weave in gentle reminders that we are not to interrupt him.  It's truly remarkable.  I'd make him stop, but we all tend to get mesmerized by the constant chatter.  


Ryan experienced the filibusting phenomenon a few weekends ago when we took a little day trip.  He, too, was amazed.  


What can I say - the kid's got skills.


MURPHY FOR SENATE 2042!!


For my Republican friends and relatives, I'm sorry to say that Gan seems to favor his mom's leftist leanings so he'll probably be a Democrat.  But I can guarantee that a vote for him will not be a wasted vote.  He'll earn his salary in word count alone.  Look out C-Span closed captioners.  

Love,

Momma T.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 36-year-old mother of three (one girl and two boys), lover of fashion, chocolate, and red wine, ex-lawyer about to become a lawyer again to fund the fashion, chocolate and red wine habit. I revere the sisterhood of moms.