Friday, December 17, 2010

Sacramental Advice



My baby girl did her first reconciliation this week.  She is officially sin-free.  She took the whole thing very seriously, which made us proud.  She learned her Act of Contrition; she read and re-read her reconciliation pamphlet; she asked lots of questions about sin; she made a beeline to the head Jesuit priest who had come to help hear the dozens of kids' confessions so she could be sure her confession would be heard by the "boss priest;" and, of course, she planned her outfit.  

The morning after the reconciliation service, she was up at about 5:30 am.  She had gotten out her art supplies and was making a card of some sort.  I snooped and saw that the card was titled, "Dear Gannon."  She worked on this card for a while.  Finally, a lightbulb went on for me, and I asked her if this was part of her penance. 

She paused and said, "Yes.  I thought I should finish my penance before Santa comes."

That's good advice, people.  Good advice.  Go forth and finish your penance so you don't get coal.

Love,

Momma T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 36-year-old mother of three (one girl and two boys), lover of fashion, chocolate, and red wine, ex-lawyer about to become a lawyer again to fund the fashion, chocolate and red wine habit. I revere the sisterhood of moms.