Thursday, August 5, 2010

Weird A@# Tea Party

What do you do when you're a seven-year-old girl, with only brothers, and you really, really want to play tea party?  How do you convince your four-year-old brother to stop playing with Ben 10 alien action figures and play tea party?

My girl can answer those riddles.  You throw a, in my words not hers, "Weird A#@ Tea Party."



 A Weird A#@ Tea Party is one where, instead of treats, you serve Ben 10 alien action figures.  You pretend they are "croquets," by which I think she meant to say "croissants."

My girl asked me if I wanted a double cappuccino (they're Starbucks regulars and know all the lingo - I am a weak, bad, pathetic mom without coffee).  I said, "YES!!!"

This is what I was served....



The Starbucks lover in me felt shame that I had to explain to her that cappuccinos come in cups.  Again, I think "cappuccino" was a substitute for "croissant."   The Mom of Boys in me wondered if that Ben 10 alien action figure was put together correctly.  He appears to be missing parts.  Oh well.  Not my issue.

Anyway, the Weird A#@ Tea Party was a huge success.  There were lovely toasts about brotherly/sisterly love.



There was peace and quiet for well over an hour.  They were clever, imaginative, and very kind to each other.

But I still think the whole idea of using alien action figure parts as snacks was a little weird.

Love,

Momma T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 36-year-old mother of three (one girl and two boys), lover of fashion, chocolate, and red wine, ex-lawyer about to become a lawyer again to fund the fashion, chocolate and red wine habit. I revere the sisterhood of moms.