Wednesday, September 29, 2010

When they think I'm not looking...

A lot of stuff happens around here, stuff that doesn't happen when the kids and Ryan know I'm paying attention.  I've started to tune into the "secret" stuff over the last few weeks, and it's been horrifying and uplifting at the same time.

The horrifying part is that, when I was not looking the other day, Ronan dumped a basket of clean, WHITE, laundry and proceeded to throw it all into the ashy fireplace.  Lovely.  I also found a piece of burnt wood and some ashy clothes down the laundry chute. I have no idea how he found the time.  He laughed at me as I was picking the clothes out of the fireplace.  I have no pictures of any of this because I was too distraught and I don't want to have a visual reminder.  

But then, there were the sweet moments.  When I wasn't looking the other day, Maguire and Gan got Ronan all buckled up in the wagon and took him for a walk.  Roj loves the wagon.  When he escapes out the back door, we always find him sitting in the wagon ready for a ride.  The wagon ride was too sweet for words.  At one point, Gan even reached down and held Roj's hand while they were walking.  I almost teared up.   Okay, so I did tear up.  I'm a sucker for that kind of thing.




Then, yesterday, the boys were outside "playing" while I was getting dinner ready.  They didn't know I was watching, which was why they decided to wrestle and engage in some weird ninja-sword-wielding exercises.



When I wasn't looking last night, Roj took the opportunity to snuggle Ryan and tell him, in his baby ways, that he loves him best in the world, always has, always will.



I plan to start paying better attention around here.

Love,

Momma T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 36-year-old mother of three (one girl and two boys), lover of fashion, chocolate, and red wine, ex-lawyer about to become a lawyer again to fund the fashion, chocolate and red wine habit. I revere the sisterhood of moms.