Saturday, September 4, 2010

No pain, no gain

Gan screamed a blood-curdling scream the other day, and I panicked.  He is not a crier or a screamer or a yeller when he gets hurt.  He says, "Dang."  That's it.  He doesn't cry for shots; he doesn't cry when he takes a ball to the forehead; he doesn't cry when he falls off his scooter and skins up his knee.

I tore outside to see what was up, because I was pretty sure he had to be half-dead if he was screaming.

This is what I saw.


I took the picture later.  I'm not so cold-hearted as to say, "Hold on baby.  I know it hurts but let me get the camera so I can take a picture of your smashed toe for my blog."

I asked what happened, and Maguire quickly said, "I didn't do anything."  Gan explained, after he caught his breath because it hurt so dang much, that he picked up a huge rock and was lifting it so he could get big muscles like Dad.  He wanted to lift weights.

Here's an explanation in pictures.


He found a huge rock, picked it up over his head, tripped on his feet, and dropped the rock on his toes.  Ryan and I weighed it later - - it weighed TEN POUNDS.  Poor guy.

Here is the torture instrument...next to my lens cap for perspective.

I think he's abandoned his weight-training career for the time being.

Love,

Momma T.

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 36-year-old mother of three (one girl and two boys), lover of fashion, chocolate, and red wine, ex-lawyer about to become a lawyer again to fund the fashion, chocolate and red wine habit. I revere the sisterhood of moms.