Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Criminal Intent

Eight years ago, Ryan started doing some seriously hard time on a modern day chain gang.  He works 15-20 hour days, sits in a torture chair while at the office (presumably to ward off sleep), has to wear pinstripes and uncomfortable shoes for 15 hours a day, stares at bright lights that are making him blind, and does repetitive wrist and finger work designed to give him carpal tunnel - something to remember prison by long after he's sprung.  Occasionally, he gets lunch and exercise time in the concrete jungle.

A few years ago, I arranged a deal whereby I got him out on home-monitoring.  I had the house set up with wireless internet.  Really, it's marginally better than the office.  He's still working all the time, but he doesn't have to wear the pinstripes or the uncomfortable shoes when he's at home.  In exchange, however, they have required him to wear the prison gear to outings like Father-Son basketball practice.  Johnny Cash would be proud; Ryan's "got stripes, stripes are on his shoulders..."






The kids and I have had enough; we're bustin' him out.  Maguire's the mastermind, and Gan is the muscle.  Roj and I are in charge of supplies and, for obvious reasons, the getaway car.

I can't go into all the details, because I don't want WP (aka the Word Processing department - their first line of defense) to have time to prepare.  But Gan's backpack is loaded up with his Nerf dart gun and two 48-dart refill packs.  Maguire is loaded up with rubber bands and hair ribbons, in case we need to take prisoners.  My preparations are slightly different, more organic, so to speak.  I'm going to feed Roj two jars of baby pears.  (If you've read my previous posts about Roj and baby food, you'll know this is no small feat.  It's gonna be over 20 degrees tomorrow so I think I'll do it outside.)  Why pears, you ask? Well, have you ever smelled a baby diaper after the baby's had pears?  If so, you wouldn't be asking the question.  The diapers will serve as our grenades.  We're gonna canvass the 38th floor with them to smokescreen our getaway.

We're comin' for you Daddy.  Just hang tight.

Momma T and the Mighty Murphys

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 36-year-old mother of three (one girl and two boys), lover of fashion, chocolate, and red wine, ex-lawyer about to become a lawyer again to fund the fashion, chocolate and red wine habit. I revere the sisterhood of moms.