Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hoop Dreams

Basketball is my favorite sport 
I like the way they dribble up and down the court 
Just like I'm the QUEEN on the MOMMA-phone so is Dr. J and Moses Malone 
I like Slam dunks take me to the hoop 
My favorite play is the alley oop 
I like the pick-and-roll, I like the give-and-go, 
Cause it's Basketball, uh, Mister Kurtis Blow

Props to Kurtis Blow on that one.  It's basketball season in Murphy-dom.  Gan's rocking the parent-child basketball, and Magoo is full-blown hoopin' it up (albeit six-on-six - there's an explanation but I'll spare you the details).  

Here's a few pics, courtesy of Uncle Mark, so you can get a little taste of the action.  

Gan-the-man is monster on the hoop - shooting about 70 percent.  Dad's been trying to coach him on the dribble, but Gan knows that no one dribbles in the NBA anymore anyway.  He wants to work on the skills that'll get him to the bigs. 

LOOKIN' LIKE A SUPERSTAR...






Magoo, on the other hand, is not about the glory or the stats.  She's a purist - she's about the game.  She is a phenom on the boards.  One little punk tried to push her off the post, and she gave him a little love tap back.  Love it.  No one out-rebounds my girl.  NO ONE.  

FORMULATIN' HER STRATEGY...




 
Don't tell anyone that Dad wasn't wearing the prison garb.

Love, 

Momma T.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 36-year-old mother of three (one girl and two boys), lover of fashion, chocolate, and red wine, ex-lawyer about to become a lawyer again to fund the fashion, chocolate and red wine habit. I revere the sisterhood of moms.