Sunday, January 17, 2010

Family all are we.




The kids have been asking questions about the Haitian earthquake this past week.  It is very real for them because one of our cousins just returned home after being in Haiti during the earthquake.  As I'm answering their little kid questions and watching round-the-clock news coverage, I am awestruck by the generosity and the kindness of all the world's people.  I see pictures showing rescue workers from nations all over the globe.  People (with the exception of Pat Robertson who, this week, I have begun to believe is barely human) have transcended language, religion, nationality, race, politics, poverty, borders, and everything else imaginable to help a people in need.  Why is it that these things get so big and pose such huge obstacles in the absence of extraordinary devastation?

Thank you to all those people who helped answer our prayers to get our cousin home safely.  We are forever in your gratitude.  May the Haitian people find comfort and strength.  We are praying for you.

Momma T.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
I'm a 36-year-old mother of three (one girl and two boys), lover of fashion, chocolate, and red wine, ex-lawyer about to become a lawyer again to fund the fashion, chocolate and red wine habit. I revere the sisterhood of moms.